What Causes Gynecomastia?Home » Gynecomastia Surgery » What Causes Gynecomastia?
If we examine the causes of gynecomastia in depth, we come across numerous headings. Gynecomastia is most commonly caused by hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance results from a higher secretion level of estrogen hormone than the testosterone.
Excess weight (obesity) is another cause of gynecomastia. Excess weight causes fat deposition and excess fats enlarge the breast tissue.
Possible Causes of Gynecomastia
- Excessive alcohol use is one of the causes of gynecomastia.
- Due to the side effects of the drugs used, fat deposition may occur in the male breast.
Just like being overweight, emaciation also causes gynecomastia. Inadequate and imbalanced nutrition and long-term fasting is one of the causes that trigger gynecomastia.
- Klinefelter is known as a rare genetic disorder and is one of the causes of gynecomastia.
- The lumps and infection in the testicles are other factors causing gynecomastia.
- Anabolic steroids taken to improve the body may, contrary to expectations, respond negatively and cause gynecomastia.
- Thyroid disorder is listed among the causes of gynecomastia.
- Gynecomastia can be seen in case of hermophroditism, i.e. dual sexuality.
We provided answers above to issues such as the causes of breast enlargement in men, how the nipple enlargement occurs in males, stiffness in the breast in boys, breast enlargement in males, etc.
Gynecomastia is not always seen in both breasts. Gynecomastia is also referred to by endocrinology because of internal secretion.
Breast Enlargement in Men
It would be appropriate to examine and classify the causes of breast enlargement in men under three main headings.
- Glandular Type (where only the mammary glands are enlarged)
- Fatty Type (where only the fat tissue is enlarged, i.e., the type where fat is deposited on the chest)
- Mixed Type (where both conditions mentioned above occur.)
Gynecomastia is highly compared with breast cancer in Ekşi dictionary. A section is provided, where who is the doctor of gynecomastia, which department is responsible for gynecomastia, which state hospital department is in charge of gynecomastia and similar questions are asked, and lead to confusion. Gynecomastia is treated by aesthetics and/or plastic surgeon. To prevent male breast enlargement, you should consult with a doctor and undergo surgery.
You May Also Like: Gynecomastia Surgery
Patients have questions about male gynecomastia corset and male liposuction corset. Let’s answer the question of “what liposuction corset is used for?” Patient is dressed post gynecomastia surgery before he regains consciousness. During gynecomastia control, the corset will be removed after approximately 3 weeks post-surgery. The purpose is to observe gynecomastia vest both pre- and post-surgery. Gynecomastia vest is the thin form of gynecomastia corset. The cost of gynecomastia depends on numerous external factors. Like in 2018, the costs will be determined according to the experience of surgeon, the degree of the disease, etc.
Breast Cancer in Men
Breast cancer in males is confused with gynecomastia, i.e. the enlargement of breast tissue in males. However, gynecomastia is not cancer. Breast cancer is rarely seen in men.
Although a hard lump in breast, sebaceous gland in mammary gland and pain in the left breast in men evokes breast cancer, this conclusion is not right.
Breast enlargement and breast tenderness in men are generally evaluated as gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia is a more common condition in men than breast cancer. These two should not be confused, and in case of such complaints, you should immediately consult a doctor. While pain is felt in gynecomastia in men, it is generally a rare phenomenon in breast cancer. When a cyst ora lump is felt in the male breast ,this is an indication of the risk of both breast cancer risk and gynecomastia disease. The enlargement of mammary gland in men points to gynecomastia.
Your doctor can provide you with the best answers for How to heal sebaceous gland in breasts of males and the relevant surgery.
At what age does gynecomastia occur?
It is also possible to evaluate and examine gynecomastia within an age bracket.
- Infants: Over secretion of estrogen hormone from the mother
- Puberty: Hormonal imbalance caused by the decrease in the secretion of testosterone and a higher secretion of estrogen.
- Aging: The testosterone level drops in males as they age.
How Much Does Gynecomastia Cost?
Gynecomastia prices may vary from doctor to doctor. Some doctors may charge you more and others may charge you less. Any fixed tariff for gynecomastia is not available for 2020. Thus, the doctor who will perform gynecomastia or the health care institution organizing the surgery will inform you of the exact cost.